Style of the Month
A reporter joined us wanting to know more about the club and homebrewing.
Three members were in attendance and none of us had a preference for the November/December party date. A poll will be placed on this website and an email sent to the listserv to get a better idea of when members would be able to attend.
- Scottish 60
- 11 year old Lambic blended with fresh cider
- New Glarus Unplugged – Abt
Using gelatin to clear beer
I used gelatin for the first time on my last batch and found it to be a great accessible and inexpensive way to clear my beer.
- 1 to 1 and a half cups of water between 70 and 80 degrees
- 1 to 3 teaspoons unflavored gelatin (mix and let sit for 20 minutes to bloom)
- Mix mixture once again and microwave for about a minute, watch it because you just want to heat it till it turns clear
- Pour mixture into a chilled keg of beer, shake, and let settle for a day or two
- Now if you have cut an inch or so off of the dip tube you can rack to another keg or just start pouring
- Otherwise you can simple poor off a pint or two and will be good to go
The difference in the before and after of my American Brown was amazing.
Mini Beer Donut Muffins – Just replace the milk with your favorite beer, I used a homebrewed american brown.
- November 6 – AHA Learn To Homebrew Day
- November 13 – Land of the Muddy Waters, Rock Island , IL
- December TBD – Worthogs holiday party